When Winter is Here

What is the theme of this blog? Besides consistantly bad spelling and grammar, I don't think there really is one.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Top 10, Peruvian Style

I'm back.

I just got back from a trip to Peru. It was amazing in that I have a better sense of how insignificant I am kind of way. When I came back yesterday I felt like I was in Disneyland. I had to take 2 busses and a train to get back to my apartment and each one was more pristine then the next. Not a piece of trash on the ground and barely anyone else on board. It felt a little like I was abducted by aliens who where trying to make my world but did suck a good job that it was suspect. And it is freakin hot. 103 degrees, geez!

Anyways, as you may or may not know I was in Peru for a little more than 2 weeks.

Here are some of the highlights of my trip (in no particular order);
1. Little kids playing you for money. "yo necessito un sol por el autobus." then you see them again an hour later, or "un sol por les ninos pobre" -- They know a sucker when they see one.
2. Tour guides taking you through the jungle while sucking on too many coca leaves.
3. Peruvians who delite in their knowledge of American politics -- 13 colonies, 50 states, George Bush, Bill Clinton, and, of course, Monica Lewinsky.
4. Edible construction materials -- People live on reed that they can also eat, how convenient.






5. no toilet paper, toilet seats, or soap -- but solar panels on houses made out of plants??.
6. 2 of the top 10 best named landmarks in the world -- Sacsaywaman & Lake Titicaca.

7. Apparently someone has been doing some serious genetic experiements on the peruvian dogs, because the are freaky, and everywhere.


8. The best Jesus per sol rate in the world.
9. Fashion shows on trains that make you swear that you are hallucinating.
10. Great introductions (literally the 1st or 2nd thing said to us in Peru by our taxi driver from the airport) "Sometimes, at red lights, people break the windows and steal the bags." -- HELLO PERU!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home