When Winter is Here

What is the theme of this blog? Besides consistantly bad spelling and grammar, I don't think there really is one.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Job "Fairs", Liars!


I am on my way to a job fair today. Yeah! Quick comment about job fairs, why do they call them fairs, there are no ferris wheels or cotton candy. You have to earn the name man. Who regulates that!

This time around, ( I have looked for a new job every year for the past four years) I am taking a different approach. I used to be 100% positive that I wanted to work in education in some form for the rest of my life. However now that I have put myself through nine months of beatdowns with my fellowship in public affairs I feel that it is only fair to myself to try something new. So I am going to a job fair with very few job prospects, based on what I would normally go after. I feel a little like a fraud because when the companies (assuming they don't see through me right away) ask me why I want to work for them, all I have is a "I dunno, seems cools; great benefits, rockin salary, and I can go to the bathroom whenever I want (that is a bonus after teaching)."

So I am looking at this like a experiment. If the companies buy that I am actually qualified to work for them and if I find a job that I am interested in, maybe working outside of education for two years is ok. I can make a little money, take some me time, and get skills that I can not get inside the ed world. As I say that I still feel a little like I am justifying a selfish move. Oh well we will see after the fair.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    NSU - 4efer, 5210 - rulez

     

Post a Comment

<< Home